Sunday 22 April 2007

Confessions of a serial mower - in pink fluffiness

Well what a morning - couldnt sleep so got up t0 peek at you all. Had a e-mail from cowgirl to say she is lost in cyber space but feels she may be with us shortly after a sleep.

GOH was trawling the classic car websites last night - well thats what he said - and has gone off to Wimbledon - yes on the day of the marathon - to view a car. We had words, but he has gone anyway. I have a lot of influence as you can imagine. He has two arms and legs like everyone else so how many cars can a man keep in a shed. He used to be a partner in a classic car garage in another life and wife ago!!
I am his third wife did I tell you this - bit of a star my old man - he has calmed down these days and I have been his Mrs for some 23 years - a record for him. I will tell you all more when I know you better and I am more settled in this my new home. I am glad now that I didnt tell all at the other place and then they might have stolen even more of my tales. [tails - mice!!]Anyway, we went for a walk over the fields to check on the sugar beet before he left, they are all up in rows like little soldiers, and as custom has it here in Suffolk they need to be touching across the rows by the Sufiolk Show - around 1/2nd June, to be a good crop. They have a hell of a way to go as we have had so little rain. Maybe Tuesday so the weatherman says.

Well I will go back into the chat site here, I like to think of it as wine, woman and song.
I think I have now got to grips. We shall see.

9 comments:

Sally Townsend said...

Perhaps he'll bring MrsMousie for a spin in The Grand Duchess then ?
(no it's not your brother here)

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

definite prizes for pinkness! 23 years is good going. he just clearly hadnt found the right woman before.

Milkmaid said...

Hello Mousie, Boys and their toys, what can i say, Hope you get your rain, we've had significant rain this afternoon, S danced with delight

muddyboots said...

my hubby is also a classic car buff, anything jagua, yawn yawn! trawls classic car web sites too, nice & pink now!

countrymousie said...

Disaster - shouldnt laugh - man bring classic car to meet GOH pranged it en route - I said do not laugh!!!

Woozle1967 said...

Hi there! Just popping in for a familiarisation tour - phew! Been a few sweaty palm moments but am getting there........ Good to see you.xx

. said...

Sorry, but laughed at pranged car! Your site looks lovely. Still haven't quite got to grips with mine! Lovely to be here though

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Yes, site looks fab.

Now I'm determined to find that you know someone I know in Suffolk, and remember that my very bestest friend at school moved to Framlingham and got married in Woodbridge church (lovely walk down from the church to a really nice pub for the reception afterwards - can't remember what it was called - The Swan? All wooden beams and low ceilings (expect there are a lot of pubs like that in Suffolk)). Anyway, she's called Caroline and had very curly black hair and played the flute. And I seem to remember her hubby was into cars of some description and might be called Terry, but I couldn't swear to it. I've lost touch with her now, needless to say.

lixtroll said...

I think your GOH will probably enjoy my friend Humpty's blogs when he gets going - he has a Caterham and loads of lovely pics which I hope he will post of meetings etc.