Monday 23 April 2007

Almost back to normal; settling in here well I think. My site is coming along, just a tad more tweaking and adjusting of colours - I may have to get Farrow and Ball in if my suffolk pinks don't match but we will see. Thank you for all your nice comments and welcomes and the whole thing has become somewhat of a blur, I can't remember what I have told you and what I have left behind at "death valley" as I now call it on the other side. I did a couple of parting shots over there during the weekend, and so many people switched off the lights when they left and kicked over the patio heaters, I think they are working by tilley lamps and candles. I reckon they are huddled over a bonfire in the car park using the huge pile of unsold magazines and subscription forms as fuel. Still, its recycling so quite green really - and they will have their ugg boots to keep them warm. Enough already as they say over the pond......
I am only disappointed we didn't all use a special 0845 number to phone them with our competition entries and we could have had them for that as well, aka GMTV fiasco this morning.
Have been out and about locally this morning; doing the leaflet drop for a local representative in the forthcoming elections - "no I am not standing", "yes it is a nice day"; I think the world and his wife work from home now - everyone wanted to chat and I just wanted to find the letter box, avoid questionable dogs, and move on. Once upon a time I could drop 100 leaflets and not see a soul. I have only done a quarter of my list - you are supplied with a list of homes to cover - and there is not long to go. The poor man who normally does this particular route has got colon cancer and has the huge op tomorrow. There are fewer of the stalwarts in villages left to do this type of thing. I realise that I am becoming one of these - my yummy mummy days are coming to an end and I have become (in my head) groovy grandma instead. Its a shocker.
Then on to the butchers; have I told you about him; totally testosterone charged is our butcher, he would fit in well here - he is always having, in his words, a"purple patch" with regard to the ladies. He quite lifted my mood with his "chat" and I can thoroughly recommend him girls if you feel in need of a boast. I, of course, spent another fortune there. He sure has the gift of the gab, and it is paying dividends by the look of his cute little Merc sports parked beside the shop.

Then on to the seed merchants/mill to pick up some duckling crumbs for my new little babies - I have kept them going with bread so far but feel they need more. I have rigged up a little cage for them to feed under (old freezer basket) as the crows keep swooping on them.
I still have all twelve.
Now back and its the kitchen that calls - I have to make amends for doing bu**er all this weekend except play on here. I think roast pork might be in order. And Pink champagne.

16 comments:

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Good lord is that you with the heiress! Don't you look very yummy mummy and not granny like at all! (Umm what is a yummy mummy by the way, forgive me I live somewhere foriegn, that's my excuse!)
ps I can't put my photo on I'd be thrown out of the purple cow its so frightening!

Kitty said...

the heiress is so beautiful - granny not so bad either, the butcher's got good taste. Must be related to my optician!

Suffolkmum said...

It MUST be the Suffolk air, we have a butcher full of testosterone too - or maybe it's all that red meat.

Suffolkmum said...

Forgot to say - roast pork and pink champagne sounds very nice.

Milkmaid said...

Isn't fab that we feel we can now post photos of ourselves, trying to get one on of my family, but so far failed too many pixels or something, know what you me about needing to get down to some real work, i think there are several in the same boat
Pleased the ducklings are doing well

snailbeachshepherdess said...

lovely pictures - I became a new grandma 4 weeks ago to Toby - wonderful experience Im just soooo excited when I can get my paws on him

muddyboots said...

lovely pictures, do you know l have recieved polling cards but no election blurb at all from any of the standing candidates, perhaps this a forgotten part of England, or has it just dropped [litterally] into the north sea?

countrymousie said...

Suffolk mum - perhaps we have the same butcher - woman travel miles for him, so he tells me!!

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh dear I went shopping at the co-op no time to shop around. Thank you for all your help and enthusiasm and support Mousie - very much appreciated - we seem to be getting there don't we

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

PS Going to show pictures of the Heiress to Wildchild see if I can make her broody . . . . plenty of time, but I'm teh broody one - would never have thought it.

Frances said...

Good afternoon from New York and thank you for the warm welcome.
Earlier today, I did walk past Bryant Park and, of course, thought of you. It's a brilliantly sunny day, so lots of folks were sitting on the little green metal chairs sunning and eating. Lots of flowers and trees coming into bloom. Cafes around the edges doing super-duper business.
Cheers,
Frances

Louise Vaan said...

Pictures of gorgeous babies just render me even more broody than ever. sigh.......

Sally Townsend said...

I think you are in the 'Yummy Mummy' category, and as for 'The Heiress' simply gorgeous, enjoy the pink champagne.

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Re-butchers - I think it's all that red meat. Our butcher is exactly the same. I won't tell you what he calls me when he plys me with sausages - and suffice to say, although not quite over the hill, I'm a good way up it.

LBD

lixtroll said...

Blimey Mousie, can't believe that's you in the pic, you don't look like a mouse at all! The Janitor tried to post a pic of me today but I had to set fire to his computer to stop him, Matron must have some dignity after all.

Pondside said...

Lovely, lovely ducklings! I wish our two would get broody, but they just keep on laying their eggs on the path, by the pond, at the edge of the water so that they roll in, under a leaf.....