Wednesday 2 May 2007

Confessions of a serial mower - CSI Suffolk

Well folks - what a morning - two posts from little mousie.The announcement about the ASA findings (Advertising standards agency www.asa.org.uk) will be coming from mousie towers and not purple towers - the ablutions are taking longer than expected. I think the purple stains so!HERE IT IS...................I have received a letter from the ASA and their findings to date are, after communication with the Executive Group Publishing Director, .. the competition was not exactly a "competition" in the strictest sense of the word and was not presented as such in the magazine. What was it then.....it was a promotion!! It appears it was not a formal competition at all and therefore was not subject to the normal terms and conditions.I do not wish, as this juncture, to publish the entire letter on this site for obvious reasons. If anyone would like a copy of this I can fax or scan (hopefully) a copy to them. Let me know. You may also wish to take up your own complaint with the asa - the more that do, the more chance we have of being heard. You will of course all recall that we were asked to state that we were entering the competition in our competition blog!!You couldnt make it up could you. But then we are not used to writing fiction are we folks!!

3 comments:

Kitty said...

The buggers, sorry for the language but I'm very cross. If it wasn't a competition then why oh why did we all have to blog under the excrutiating heading 'competition entry'? Grrrrr......

Suffolkmum said...

Just catching up - love the car, R used to have an almost identical red one, he is a big MG fan. I really have got to work out the photo and avatar thing. What more can I say about the competition/I mean promotion - we woz robbed?!

LITTLE BROWN DOG said...

Eh? But if it wasn't a competition, why did they keep calling it one? As for the ASA, I thought their role was to stop people making misleading claims - such as calling something that wasn't really a competition a competition.

But thanks for taking this up, mousie - and how frustrating it must all have been for you. If this is really all their big-shot lawyers can come up with, I think it proves that, A) they haven't got a case, and B) the ASA thinks its ok to mislead people providing they've got plenty of money and clout behind them. I'm speechless!